Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2004

So, my Grandma was right

A male Homo floresiensis returns from the hunt. Found on the island of Flores in Indonesia, these ancient humans grew no taller than a three-year-old modern-human child. Their small size led scientists to nickname the species "hobbits," after the tiny Lord of the Rings characters. The first such individual found was female. Since then at least seven individuals have been found, including males.

The archaeological find will be featured in a National Geographic Channel program to air in early 2005.

Illustration by Peter Schouten




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job on setting up your Blog. Your site will definately be bookmarked.

I am in the process of setting up a cellular phone cases
site. It's basically a resource site which covers cellular phone cases
related stuff.

Please let me know what you think if you have time to check it out.

Living in Thailand said...

Nice site maybe we can do something!Free SMS and Free Fax

RCampanile@aol.com said...

Hello really enjoyed your blog/site, found it very interesting and will bookmark it for future use, Hey I have a site that has to do with cellular phone and if your in the market for a new cell phone and want to get it FREE after rebates check out my site here http://www.majurl.com/y43 I also have several other products that will save you money. Well Thanks for your time and wish you a wonderful 2006 . Here is that link again cellular phone

luvz-song said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my military cash advance blog site.