Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2004

Aqua Devils Association-Do
A journey too long

Stroke stroke stroke stroke stroke.

Ok, how far was that? I looked back. Not very far.

Stroke stroke stroke stroke.

How far was that? Not very far.

Devils who jumped in first looked like dots. Devils looked like really far off.
The devil who chose to swim with me didn't look all that concerned.

A sudden realization came to my mind. I never swam in a river before. In a river,
water flows. Which means, you not only have to swim, but also maintain direction.
Which in other words mean, swim against.

Stroke stroke stroke stroke stroke.
Stroke stroke stroke stroke stroke.
Stroke stroke stroke stroke stroke.
Huff. Puff. Huff. Puff.

(Repeat 5 times)

Devil dude, what are we (huff puff) gonna discuss in the meeting?

The regular stuff. Movies, politics and sex.

Stroke stroke stroke stroke stroke.
Huff. Puff. Huff. Puff.
Stroke stroke stroke stroke stroke.
Huff. Puff. Huff. Puff.

(Repeat 5 times)

Dhevhil dhude, how deehp is the rivehr?

Deep. Very deep.

Sthroke. Pause. Sthroke. Pause.
Huff. Puff. Huff. Puff.
Huff. Puff. Huff. Puff.
Sthroke. Pause. Sthroke. Pause.

(Repeat 10 times)

Most of the devils already gathered. They formed an informal circle. All of them
were at ease. As if they were just chatting sitting in park benches. They appeared
a lot closer.

But the last breath in me was already gone. The last ounce of oxygen I could inhale
was already burned. My hands refused to raise. My legs became heavy and were drowning.
Panic struck. My head became a little dizzy with fear.

So this is it. Ha! I am gonna die here. Ha!
Mom and Dad. Forgive me. I have failed you.
Trisha, Britney, Jlo…I will wait for you. In another world.
Who is gonna form the government? I will never know.

I was barely floating. The devil sensed that something was wrong.

Dude, do you need help?

F&*^% you. Not in this world. Not in this life.

Sorry.

I made it to the meeting.

If you want to remain afloat at one particular position in the middle of a flowing
river, you need to put in lot of effort. (Lesson learned). When you are dead tired
and thinking about drowning instead, you need to put in humongous effort.

to be continued..
Will Devils rescue Smiley?
Or will they just let him drown?

Get to know in..
Aqua Devils Association-Teen
At the edge of life

No comments: